Accounting Manager / Director in Rochester, NY
Temple B'rith Kodesh Posted: 2020-11-21
Rochester, NY 14618
(Salary range $55k - $65k)
We are seeking an Accounting Manager/Director for a Temple B’rith Kodesh, a non-profit synagogue located in the Greater Rochester (NY) community, with an estimated $1.75M budget. Our mission of “Love your neighbor as yourself” informs all that we do. Our diverse membership creates a welcoming home for every individual to embrace God, share Jewish values, and join a tradition of reaching out to repair our world.
Position Summary and Goals:
The Accounting Manager/Director is responsible for the execution of day-to-day financial and information system operations including information pertinent to accounts receivable and accounts payable. The Accounting Manager is accountable for the annual audit and general accounting, recommendations, and analysis; providing required periodic and specialized financial reports. Specific goals of this position include:
1. Ensure that all day-to-day accounting practices, financial and information systems, data reporting, and other finance related needs are met in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Provide accurate and timely monthly financial information to the Executive Director and Treasurer, and indicate any significant variances or other unusual conditions.
3. Prepare information and provide support for the annual audit or review such that the fiscal year audit or review report is completed by the following fall.
4. Assist the Executive Director and Treasurer in budget development, investment management and short-term and long-term financial planning.
5. Assess the adequacy of supporting IT systems and recommend the appropriate infrastructure and systems to meet the goals of the Finance department.
Education, Training, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent) is required and CPA or CMA certification is preferred.
2. Minimum of five years’ experience in accounting is required, preferably in a non-profit organization.
3. Proven expertise and knowledge of general accounting and fund accounting, preferably the SAGE MIP Fund Accounting system.
4. Outstanding computer, organizational and communication skills including Microsoft Office tools, Paylocity (preferred).
5. Independent, self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize work; strong interpersonal skills, attention to details with an analytical ability to ensure the accuracy of financial information and ability to effectively present financial data and information to Senior Management.
6. Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity is required. This position involves supervising the Membership Bookkeeper.
Temple B'rith Kodesh is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume via Quick Apply by close of business on Monday, December 7, 2020.