Assistant Pet Care Coordinator in Rochester, NY
Pets at Peace Memorial & Cremation Service Posted: 2022-06-09
Rochester, NY 14617
Assistant Pet Care Coordinator
Pets at Peace by Harris Funeral Home
Pets at Peace Memorial and Cremation Service by Harris Funeral Home began in 2009, offering the same level of care and compassion that our funeral home has provided our human families since 1946. We are proud that we have changed how pet cremation is handled in the Rochester area by being the first company to offer private cremations, utilization of a stainless-steel disc tracking system, and the return of cremated remains within 72 hours or less.
Pets at Peace is seeking a part-time Assistant Pet Care Coordinator. The Assistant Pet Care Coordinator will be responsible for assisting pet parents to finalize aftercare arrangements, including cremation and memorial options. Compassion, caring and community service are the foundation of our company, and as such, this position demands an individual with exceptional patience, integrity, and sensitivity.
• Assist pet parents to make final cremation arrangements for their loved one.
• Schedule visitations and appointments (facility and at-home) to bring pets into our care.
• Coordinate transfer of pets from veterinary hospitals (affiliated and non-affiliated) to our facility.
• Return pet cremated remains to families via scheduled appointments at our funeral home.
• Strictly monitor and manage the quality of our product and services.
• Strong verbal and communication skills.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Exceptional ability to exercise patience, sensitivity, and compassion.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and detail-oriented skills.
• Ability to work every Thursday (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm) and Saturday (8:30 am – 2:00 pm).
Job Type: Part-Time (Approximately 10 hours per week, though if the opportunity presents itself, cross-training and additional hours may become available.)
• Standard Hours: Thursdays (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm) and Saturdays (8:30 am – 2:00 pm)
• Major holidays are excluded.
• High School Diploma is required.
• Experience in the death care industry is a plus but is not required.
• Valid Driver’s License (Required)
Company's Website and Facebook Page