Associate Director of Residential Operations in Rochester, New York
Heritage Christian Services Posted: 2022-08-03
Rochester, New York 14623
Heritage Christian Services is currently seeking candidates for an associate of residential operations position in Monroe County.
• Responsible for the oversight, supervision, and professional development of the Residence Managers.
• Manage employee performance by clearly defining job responsibilities, core competencies, and standards while providing clear, thorough, and timely feedback.
• Recognize and incent favorable performance and address performance challenges promptly.
• Support Residence Managers in the creation and implementation of their development plan.
Serves as a positive role model for direct support staff and individuals served. Interacts with others in a way which will assist direct support staff in developing behaviors, skills and attitudes necessary for success.
• Provide oversight to Residence Managers in the management of operational funds and other fiscal responsibilities.
• Responsible for ensuring residential properties and the physical plant meet Heritage Christian Services Quality Standards.
• Ensure self and staff understands the Agency’s mission, vision, values and workplace priorities; and their relationship to each employee’s work.
• Ensure health and safety issues are addressed and met.
• Attend and participate in required trainings, in-services and staff meetings as required by Heritage Christian Services. This includes participation in team meetings to ensure productivity and follow through for the managers.
• Foster a spirit of partnership with the people supported, family members, other professionals and the community.
• Support people in their choice of living environment.
• Provide oversight to Residence Managers in the management of operational funds.
• Facilitate a philosophy that supports: self-direction, community participation and contribution, productivity, and full citizenship.
• Participate in other administrative and operational responsibilities as determined by the Director of Residential Services.
• Support on-call process for weekends.
• At least five years experience in a leadership position within a human services field that serves people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in/or relating to Human Services, Management or Behavioral Science preferred
• Must demonstrate exemplary verbal and written communications
• Ability to make sensitive management decisions, maintain composure and remain objective even when dealing with emotional topics, and facilitate crucial conversations when needed
• Demonstrate organizational skills
• Minimum one year of direct support experience is required
• Ability to create and maintain a positive work environment built on respect.
• Experience using Microsoft word, Outlook, and Excel
• A valid NYS driver’s license that is in compliance with Agency standards
Please apply with resume via Company Link