Bulk Grease Driver in Rochester, NY
Baker Commodities, Inc. Posted: 2021-09-27
Rochester, NY 90058
This position is eligible for $7,500 signing bonus! Training Program for CDL Drivers with less than 2 years experience!
Are you looking for a great company to have a meaningful driving career with?
Are you “newer” to commercial driving and looking for an opportunity to gain experience with a professional company with a training program? - Join Baker? Why:
• Receive a $7,500 signing bonus (paid in installments over the first 15 months)
• Get great training and experience while earning the signing bonus!
• Fantastic benefits - 401k retirement plan with company contribution
• Local routes - sleep in your own bed at night
• Great Company that is employee, community and family-focused
• Baker is a recycling company dedicated to saving the environment
This role will be a Bulk Grease Driver and will support us in meeting our customer's needs used cooking oil removal in accordance with local ordinances and environmental regulations.
Visit our website https://bakercommodities.com/services/ for more information about the important contributions of this position.
Job Purpose: Safe and timely operation of Commercial Vehicle and equipment to collect, transport and deliver company product.
• Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in clean and good working order
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources and verify instructions and routes
• Drive assigned vehicle on a designated route
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting goods
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles
• Maintain logs of working hours, vehicle service, or repair status following state and federal regulations
• Record information such as weight/volume, mileage, time and fuel consumption
• Operate equipment such as GPS navigation and radio/phone to exchange information with supervisors or other points of contact
• Plan/adjust routes based on changing conditions using navigation equipment to maximize fuel efficiency
• Load or unload trucks using specialized equipment as necessary
• Interact with others in a professional and ethical manner
• Follow department and company procedures
• Keep up regular attendance and punctuality; regular attendance and punctuality are essential for the smooth operation of this company
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid Class A or B CDL and current DOT medical card
• 2 years commercial vehicle driving experience with an acceptable MVR
• If you have a CDL with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report, but less than 2 years of commercial driving experience, you may qualify to participate in our Entry Level Driver program
• Must be 23 or older to comply with insurance requirements
• Tanker and doubles endorsements based on vehicle assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of transportation and safety principles for moving goods by road
• Skill to operate, control, and monitor vehicle and equipment
• Ability to read and speak English as required by Federal Motor Carrier Department
• Understand and follow all DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations
• Ability to work overtime and alternate schedule/route as needed
• Local travel; less than 5% overnight travel
• Physical Demands/Requirements
Constantly (over 2/3):
• remains in a seated position while using arms, legs and observation to operate vehicle
• observes and monitors equipment
• ascends/descends in and out vehicle and on equipment
• communicates with co-workers, customers and supervisors
• moves, lifts, pushes and pulls equipment and material up to 60 lbs
• walks, climbs, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches and handles equipment to collect material
• operates electronic devices such as GPS equipment and phone/radio
Occasionally (under 1/3):
• exposed to outdoor weather conditions
• exposed to materials that occasionally require use of PPE such as gloves (protect from heat)
• moves across wet/slippery and uneven surfaces
• electronically and manually completes logs/reports
Medical, dental and vision coverage offered, 401(k) With Employer Contribution, Paid holidays, Paid vacation and sick time, Company sponsored life insurance, Company sponsored short and long-term disability
To apply, please visit below link.
Baker Commodities Inc. has been in business for over 80 years. We are a privately owned company with manufacturing facilities strategically located within the United States providing quality products and services worldwide. Much of our success is due to our outstanding employees. Through their careful attention to quality, service, innovation and integrity, we will continue to be one of the world's premier rendering companies.
EOE Statement: We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.