CMM Operator in Rochester, NY
Advantech Industries Posted: 2021-02-08
Rochester, NY 14624
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setting up and executing current CMM Programs.
• Position involves first piece inspection.
• Must be accountable for quality of work performed.
• Must maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
• Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Experience with PC-DMIS Software preferred.
• Experience with Brown & Sharpe CMM preferred.
• CMM Programming experience is preferred but not necessary.
• 2 years’ experience checking parts on a CMM.
• 3 years’ experience in quality control and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in sheet metal/machining.
• Solid computer, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible
• Maintains organizational files and records.
• Ability to operate machines and use tools such as: coordinate measuring machine (CMM), FabriVision, height gage, comparator and profilometer.
• Paid Sick Leave
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.