CNC Mill Set-Up Operator - A Shift in Rochester
Advantech Industries Posted: 07/16/2020
Rochester, NY 14624
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. We are looking to immediately fill a CNC Mill Set-Up Operator position on our A shift. Hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up CNC milling machines and observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and caliper.
• Sets up and controls operation of computerized deburring and tooling machine to perform series of machining operations, such as drilling, chamfering, and deburring.
• Inspects "first part", and inspects work pieces throughout the production run for out-of-tolerance machining.
• Knowledge of G-Code preferred.
• Experience with Fanuc controls and/or Mazatrol preferred.
• Clean machine and work area.
• Provide aid and guidance to machine operators with less experience or skill.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved
• Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes
• Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives
• Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible
• Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific CNC mills and lathes to be operated with the ability to calculate and set machine controls either manually or by entering commands
• Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
• Ability to keep record of time spent and material used
• Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine and measuring tools, including micrometers and calipers
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.