Controller in Rochester
Advantech Industries Posted: 07/16/2020
Rochester, NY 14624
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Directs the financial affairs of five operating entities comprising $60 million in annual revenues, primarily from manufacturing operations. Prepares financial analysis of operations, including interim and year-end financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Controller is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its financial records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves management of general accounting, property accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Primary responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
• Management of payroll, accounts payable, billing/accounts receivable, cost and general accounting functions.
• Develop and maintain procedures and process to accurately value and record adjustments related to physical inventories.
• Maintain the company’s system of accounts and keep books and records on all company activities.
• NYS Sales Tax preparation, reporting and payment.
• Prepare accurate monthly and annual financial statements.
• Interact with external accountants on financial reviews, tax return preparation and other financial issues.
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), reports and analyzes variances.
• Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/BA in Accounting/Finance or related field; MBA preferred; CPA a plus.
• 10-15+ years Accounting/Financial experience.
• Proven hands-on working experience as an Accounting Manager, Director, or Financial Controller. Experience within the machining industry will be very helpful.
• Previous responsibility for managing multiple direct reports.
• Previous experience with accounting software packages. Experience with Epicor business system software is a plus.
• Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as with all other employees and vendors. Professional demeanor is a necessity.
• Effective communication and administrative skills.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and advanced Excel skills).
401 (k) Plan
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.