Counselor in Rochester, NY
Endeavor Health Services Posted: 2022-01-06
Rochester, NY 14620
Endeavor Health Services is looking for an Counselor to join our team. This location serves forensically connected clients from a variety of referral sources including US Probation, the Bureau of Prisons, NYS Parole, County Probations, the Courts, etc. Candidates must have an interest in working with a diverse population of adults with mental health and/or substance abuse issues including the forensics population.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position for someone who is willing to work out of Orleans and Genesee Counties at satellite locations providing individual, group, and intake services. The breakdown of days in each location would likely be 3 days in Orleans, 1 day in Genesee, and 1 day in Rochester. This position would benefit from someone who works well independently due to there being limited staff in the satellite locations.
We offer competitive salaries and an array of employee benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - Life insurance - 401(k) - Paid Holidays - Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating group services and utilizing ongoing clinical supervision. The Counselor functions as a member of the Clinical Treatment Team providing direct service to individuals in both group and individual therapy settings, as well as:
• Conducting pre-admission screenings to determine appropriate level of care for the individual based on information gathered and knowledge of agency/community resources
• Gathering information for completing appropriate strength-based treatment planning, involving both the individual and their treatment team
• Pursuing continuing education to develop skills necessary to effectively treatment high-risk populations
• Participating in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and communicating appropriately with referral sources
• Conducting discharge planning and making follow-up contacts as necessary
• Providing clients with linkages to other supportive services as identified
• Maintaining appropriate and accurate documentation within the clinical record
• Maintaining cultural sensitivity and competence with respect to agency consumers and their families, as well as other employees and referral sources
• Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all agency policies, procedures and governmental regulations including, but not limited to HIPAA
• Must possess a Master’s Degree from a recognized college or university in a mental health or social work related field and be eligible for license within 18 months of hire (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, etc.)
• One year of direct service, post-graduate, experience preferred, but not require
• Demonstrates a knowledge base upon which they can provide direct clinical service and advisement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
$1,000 bonus for full-time positions. Half paid out in first paycheck and second half after 6 months of employment. Must be actively employed at time of payout. Bonuses offered for a limited time only