Customized Support Assistant in Rochester, NY
Heritage Christian Services Posted: 2020-10-13
Rochester, NY 14623
To assist in maintaining a safe and nurturing home environment that fosters self reliance, encourages growth and supports individuals in developing and utilizing natural supports and community resources to maximize independence. To support the mission, vision and vision of Heritage Christian Services.
* To act as a role model for individuals supported and other staff persons by supporting the Mission, Vision and Values of HCS.*
* To act as the primary contact person for the families, other service providers and Community Habilitation management team.
* Under the direction of the Customized Support Coordinator, supervises and schedules work of all staff to assure appropriate coverage based on individual need.
* To assist in training of staff on an ongoing basis.
* To assist with Quickbooks transactions and banking needs.
* To assist with Therap documentation and checking of implemented documentation.
* To attend necessary meetings, training sessions and conferences within the agency and in the community.
* To supervise the facilitation and documentation of each individual’s services and monthly summaries.
* To report all incidents, illness, or any other unusual circumstances to the Customized Supports Coordinator.
* To communicate and ensure resolution to maintenance concerns in the home including general housekeeping and maintenance of the grounds and equipment.
* To be responsible for teaching and role modeling safe practices in the home inclusive of fire safety, medical emergencies and personal safety.
* To perform any other function as deemed necessary by the Customized Supports Coordinator
* Minimum of High School diploma or high school equivalency; college experience preferred, QIDP Preferred
* Valid driver’s license that is in compliance with Heritage Christian Services’ motor vehicle record standards, and reliable transportation to and from work
*Ability to work a rotation of shifts and overnight hours is required
*Experience with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred
* Ability and temperament to work effectively with people with mental and physical disabilities is required
* The ability to effectively communicate with individuals to further assure their growth and development are required