Digital Specialist and Copy Writer in Rochester, NY
Heritage Christian Services Posted: 2020-10-13
Rochester, NY 14623
We’re recruiting a professional who has experience in digital marketing and is an excellent copy writer and editor. With so many internal clients, no two days are alike. One of the most rewarding parts of the job is seeing how copy and content has a truly positive effect in people’s lives. This position is in a thriving and collegial department known for its agility and for positive team member attitudes. Additionally, the staff benefits from using a project management software – Teamwork – to optimize collaboration, organization and accountability.
The digital specialist and copy writer coordinates digital strategies and tactics for the Heritage Christian Services marketing department including for SEO/SEM, websites, social media and more. This dual role also includes meaningful work in copy writing and editing, appealing to key audiences with motivators and calls to action, and supporting internal and external communications.
To support the mission, vision and values of Heritage Christian Services, Inc.
* Coordinates digital strategies and tactics - including for SEO/SEM, websites, social media, videos, email, mobile, chatbots and display advertising – and tracks trends, performance and cost-efficiency.
* Supports social media listening and monitoring.
* Generates digital content, with an emphasis on copy writing; targeting key audiences with motivators and calls to action.
* Supports Agency-wide marketing activities, which include drafting and editing copy for internal and external communications, like PR collaterals, donor materials, staff notices, newsletter articles, website pages, blogs, scripts and more.
This position is 45% digital marketing, 45% copy writing and editing, and 10% duties as assigned.
* Three or more years in marketing and/or communications
* Demonstrable experience in SEO/SEM, websites, social media, videos, email, mobile, chatbots and display advertising
* Solid knowledge of Google Analytics, ad serving tools and how to optimize PPC campaigns
* Exemplary skills in research, interviewing, copy writing and editing; published works a plus
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* A valid driver’s license, aligned with Heritage Christian’s motor vehicle record standards, and reliable transportation