Direct Support Professional in Buffalo
Hillside Posted: 08/18/2020
Buffalo, NY 14227
Would you like to make a lasting difference in a young person’s life?
We are seeking compassionate Direct Support Professional I (DSP I) staff for a new Individualized Residential Alternative group home in West Seneca, NY.
As a DSP, you’ll work with young people with varied diagnoses that can include intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or epilepsy.
Each is their own person, in need of connections and support. You’ll be there for them when they need you the most, to deliver services that provide quality and dignity in their lives.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Participating with treatment teams to develop, implement and assess service and behavior management plans.
• Taking youth on walks and community outings, and managing games and sports activities.
• Ensuring their safety and applying appropriate emergency and crisis intervention principles and techniques as needed.
• Knowing their emotional/behavior status and supporting interactions with family and local community.
• Building productive relationships with youth and families, while implementing required rules and routines.
• Playing an important role in helping youth transition from their temporary group home.
Requirements: High school diploma/GED and 1-2 years of relevant experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or Education, plus 2 or more years of experience is preferred. You must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays, must have a valid NYS driver's license, and must meet agency driving standards.