Direct Support Professional I in Rochester, NY
Hillside Posted: 2020-10-13
Rochester, NY 14420
Would you like to make a lasting difference in a young person’s life? Come to Hillside.
We are seeking compassionate people to join our Monroe Region Individualized Residential Alternative group home’s in our Webster, NY, Pittsford NY, and Rochester, NY. locations.
As a Direct Support Professional, you’ll work with young people with varied diagnoses that can include intellectual and developmental disabilities, and behavioral and/or mental health challenges. Each is their own person, in need of connections and support. You’ll be there for them when they need you the most, to deliver services that provide quality and dignity in their lives.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a part of the young person’s circle of support, learning to understand their emotional and behavioral challenges, and supporting them in becoming as independent as possible.
• Building productive and positive relationships with each youth, along with their family and care providers, so they can achieve their best enriched life.
• Promoting active community involvement by participating in activities that the young person finds of interest.
• Playing an important role in helping these young people become successful, independent adults.
• Ensuring their safety by learning and practicing appropriate crisis intervention principles and techniques that can help a young person in need of support.
Requirements: A high school diploma/GED required. A bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or Education, plus 2 or more years of experience, is preferred. You must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays; must have a valid NYS driver's license; and must meet agency driving standards.