Direct Support Staff in Rochester, NY
Heritage Christian Services Posted: 2020-10-08
Rochester, NY 14623
We're hiring direct support staff to assist adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. When you're in a direct support role at Heritage Christian Services, you will make a difference every day. Sometimes you're an advocate for the equality of people with disabilities. Other times you're an ally supporting people as they build relationships, prepare meals, take medication or simply live their life. You can have a career you are proud of and a flexible schedule to fit your life.
* Assist people as they enjoy meals, maintain personal hygiene and keep their schedules
* Support people in their meaningful relationships with friends, family and loved ones, which include get-togethers, phone calls and more
* Assist with medical needs, including monitoring health, administering medication and completing accurate documentation
* Drive agency vehicles to provide transportation for people
* Collaborate with co-workers to maintain a positive work environment
Schedule: Full-time, part-time and per diem positions are available. Schedules may include evenings, overnights, days and weekends.
Locations: Our main office is located at 275 Kenneth Drive, Suite 100, Rochester, NY 14623. We have positions throughout the Monroe County area including in: Brighton, Brockport, Chili, East Rochester, Fairport, Gates, Greece, Henrietta, Irondequoit, Macedon, Penfield, Pittsford, Rochester, Spencerport, and Webster.
* A valid driver’s license is preferred and reliable transportation to and from work is required
* Strong communication skills
* The physical ability to lift and transfer people who rely on wheelchairs for mobility
* A high school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to use a computer efficiently
Heritage Christian Services is a place to grow
You don't need experience to work with people with disabilities. We provide all of your education and training. You may be a great fit for direct support if you have a passion for working with people and want to make a difference every day.
Our Commitment to Equity and Justice: We believe that people are entitled to dignity, respect, equity and justice. We champion a society that removes barriers. We reject racism and discrimination of any kind. We protest systemic and political inequities that marginalize people, recognizing that there is a history of structural racism in the United States. We will continue to learn and change to achieve justice. We know that strength comes from unity. As you speak out, be strong, faithful and well.