Electrician in Canandaigua, NY
Pactiv Posted: 2020-10-13
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Electrician - Night Shift (12 hour shift)
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
Duties and Responsibilities:
The hourly position is responsible for all troubleshooting and repairs associated with electrical components of industrial manufacturing machinery that is operated 24/7, in addition to all facilities and utilities support equipment/systems.
A qualified candidate must demonstrate knowledge and competency in:
- Troubleshooting electrical, computer, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment/systems commonly used in industrial manufacturing applications.
- Reading electrical prints and wiring schematics.
- Electrical circuits - 24V, 120V, 240V and 480V. Also includes ‘high voltage’ power distribution (up to 34.5KV), grounding, and associated components (transformers, breakers, fuses, disconnects, etc ).
- AC and DC motors & variable frequency drives.
- Servo motors and encoders.
- Laptop connection and communication with different types of PLCs for troubleshooting purposes; includes working knowledge of Ethernet IP address and serial communications.
- Industrial temperature control systems, including thermocouples, temperature controllers, solid state relays, and heating elements.
- Industrial safety circuitry, including ‘Emergency Stop’ circuits.
Educational and Other Skill Requirements:
- This position requires a HS Diploma or GED and 3-5 years of related work experience or qualified educational training/certification.
- An Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or an Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) degree in a related electrical field is preferred.
- Must be able to work a standard 12-hour, nonrotating shift (7pm–7am) and be willing to occasionally work on scheduled days off as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to obtain a Pactiv license to safely operate a fork lift and man lift as business needs dictate.
- Perform activities using all required PPE and follow Pactiv’s safe work practices and OSHA regulations, including NFPA 70E.
- Ability to effectively work with other internal and external resources to troubleshoot equipment or systems.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit http://www.pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #LI-TM1 "IND1P" #cb1