Elementary Special Education Teacher in Geneseo, NY
Geneseo Central School District Posted: 2021-04-28
Geneseo, NY 14454
Geneseo Central School is looking for a full-time, probationary Elementary Special Education Teacher to begin in September 2021.
NYS Certification in Students With Disabilities K-6; or Special Education K-12
Specific Job Duties:
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for collaborating and assisting with the implementation of an instructional program designed to meet the individual needs of students with disabilities in an inclusion
model. The team is looking for someone who embraces learning for all and creates a collaborative culture.
Essential duties include the following:
- Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
- Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students
- Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations
- Collaborates and consults with classroom teachers and educational professionals regarding the needs of students.
Required Application Type:
Teacher / Admin
As per Geneseo Faculty Association Contract
For more information or to apply, see below site.
Please complete the Teacher/Admin application and click APPLY NOW to attach your application to this posting.
Application Deadline: 5/14/2021
Position Start Date: 9/1/2021
The Geneseo Central School District hereby advises students, parents, employees and the general public that it offers employment and educational opportunities, without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, or marital status.