Environmental Specialist in Rochester, NY
The Strong Posted: 2021-10-14
Rochester, NY 14607
The environmental specialist is responsible for various janitorial duties to help maintain an attractive, clean, and welcoming environment for our guests. This role participates in general cleaning and maintenance, the set-up and take-down of museum events, and in producing a positive image of the museum. This position requires a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
The work schedule is Friday - Monday 4:00-11:00 p.m.
• Adhering to the museum’s philosophy of outstanding guest service, maintain an appropriate relationship with museum staff and guests while fostering a positive image of the museum.
• Wear a clean and proper uniform.
• Successfully perform assigned duties using job cards and accurately complete related documentation.
• Maintain cleanliness of museum according to museum standards, including, but not limited to: vacuuming assigned areas; cleaning furniture, walls, carpets, baseboards, glass, plexi, and handrails throughout the museum; collecting and disposing of all trash; cleaning and supplying restrooms; and mopping and waxing floors as assigned.
• Respond to radio calls for various cleaning requests. Clean areas following spills or bodily functions that occur inside the building or on museum grounds.
• Follow operating procedures to uphold safety and health requirements. Have access to and use safe tools and equipment, and properly maintain this equipment.
• Assist in the setup and takedown of food and beverage service, facility rentals, museum events, and public programs activities, including the setup, arrangement, or movement of chairs and tables, as assigned.
• Availability to work Friday - Monday 4:00-11:00 p.m.
• High school diploma, GED, or CDOS
• Must be dependable, possess a strong work ethic, and be willing to learn
• Ability to positively interact with museum guests and team members
• Ability to walk three (3) flights of stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Ability to lift, move, carry, push or pull weight up to 40 pounds
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, understand and follow standard operating procedures and to exercise sound judgment in decision-making
• Prior cleaning experience a plus
To apply, please see below link.