Executive Director in Rochester, NY
Mercy Spirituality Center Posted: 2021-07-19
Rochester, NY 14620
JOB PURPOSE: The Executive Director is responsible for all administration functions of Mercy Spirituality Center. The services will be provided with a spirit of hospitality that embodies the charism of the Sisters of Mercy and in accordance with all Sisters of Mercy policies and procedures.
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Articulate and advance the mission and ministry of the Sisters of Mercy and Mercy Spirituality Center.
• Manage the finances of the Center including planning, budgeting, and accountability (this includes but is not limited to, ensuring the fiscal viability of the Spirituality
Center); Identify potential contributors through examination of past records, individual and corporate contacts, and knowledge of the community.
• Develop and submit grant proposals for funds from private foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
• Initiate, plan, and coordinate development efforts and fundraising events, collaborating with the Sisters of Mercy Development Office.
• Manage the marketing and public relations activities of the Spirituality Center including website management and bi-weekly electronic newsletter.
• Represent Mercy Spirituality Center in Rochester and other civic communities, the diocese, parishes, religious congregations and other faith communities, and other
organizations in collaboration with the Program Director.
• Recruit, develop and serve on the Mercy Spirituality Center Advisory Board.
• Develop and maintain a 3-year strategic plan in collaboration with the Program Director, Staff and Advisory Board.
• Oversee the physical resources of Mercy Spirituality Center by contracting services for daily operations and overseeing stewardship of the buildings and property with
the assistance of the Director of Plant Services to ensure a safe and peaceful environment.
• Hire, supervise and evaluate staff, and staffing needs, adhering to Sisters of Mercy Human Resource policies and procedures.
Education, Competencies and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of administrative/managerial experience
• Proven experience in facility management
• Experience and ability to manage all Information Technology aspects of ministry including website and electronic newsletter editing, updating and management.