Farm Mechanic in Scottsville, NY
Krenzer Farms Posted: 2021-02-19
Scottsville, NY 14546
Krenzer Farms is seeking a full time, year-round candidate to assist with all duties involved in the production of crops and with municipal snow plowing.
Opportunities exist for a lifelong career and future ownership. This position is ideal for the individual who enjoys a wide variety of job tasks. Self-motivated, team players with agricultural and mechanical experience, eager to learn all aspects involved in the operation of our farm are encouraged to apply.
We are a family-owned grain enterprise consisting of approximately 3500 acres of corn, soybeans and wheat. We have a spacious, heated shop for machinery maintenance and repairs. In the winter months, we contract with the City of Rochester to plow sidewalks with antique tractors. Krenzer Farms is a no smoking, tobacco and drug free work place.
• Repair, maintain and operate farm equipment
• Repair, maintain and operate snowplow equipment
• Problem solve to improve all aspects of the farm operation
• Record equipment repairs
• Maintain a clean, organized, safe work environment at all times
• Clean Driver's License
• Two-year college degree, Mechanical &/or Agricultural coursework
• Ability to self-manage; be proactive and plan ahead for planting, harvest and snowplow seasons.
• Mechanical skills necessary to maintain, and repair farm equipment.
• Basic Welding skills
• Ability to operate all types of manual clutch machinery
• Proficient in arithmetic; including fractions
• Computer literacy
• Available on weekends
• Climbing and working on ladders up to 120'
• Ability to carry up to 100 pounds.
• CDL A or B
• Certified Pesticide Applicator
• Agronomic Knowledge
• Precision Ag Experience
• Knowledge & Experience with high/low voltage electricity
• Health Insurance
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
Hours: Winter: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm and on call for snowplowing 24/7. During planting and harvest seasons, hours will be extended beyond 5PM and weekends.