General Maintenance Technician in Rochester
Hillside Posted: 08/18/2020
Rochester, NY 14609
We are currently hiring for a General Maintenance Technician II at our Rochester, NY location.
This is a full time (40 hour) position with hours being between Monday-Friday between 8:00am-5:00pm with rotating On-Call schedule.
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, the General Maintenance Technician II performs all duties of a facilities person as well as additional duties requiring technical/mechanical skills in order to improve and maintain the physical plant.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoots and repairs buildings, including but not limited to walls/ceilings/floors/ windows, doors/plumbing.
• Renders service to facility as needed during off hours, weekends and Holiday's based per an "On Call" schedule.
• Follows up on emergency calls with permanent solutions as needed.
• Assists property manager as needed including assuming leadership responsibilities in his/her absence.
• Assists Property Manager with E.O.C. and Fire safety inspections.
Requirements: High school diploma/GED and 4 years of facilities experience, including electrical and HVAC, is required. Candidates with additional technical or mechanical training are preferred. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.