Groundskeeper/Janitorial in Rochester, NY
Ramar Steel Companies Posted: 2021-09-01
Rochester, NY 14605
Assist the Management Team in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the building and grounds
We have a vacancy in our team for a General Maintenance/Janitor to work across a number of buildings.
You will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role, you should have basic maintenance knowledge and some experience cleaning and landscaping.
• General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
• Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
• Cleaning and stock restrooms.
• Perform minor repairs.
• Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
• Collect and dispose of trash.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
• Performing general maintenance tasks for the building or buildings, such as window washing, mowing, edging, grounds maintenance, painting and more
• Use hand tools, measuring instruments, and other equipment necessary to perform the job. Maintain hand and power tools in working order
• Responding to and completing maintenance requests.
• Ability to manage your time efficiently.
• Work well when supervisors are not present.
• Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning, and other janitorial work.
• Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
• Ability to use various hand tools and power tools.
• Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices
• High school diploma
• Related experience a plus
• Able to use and work from ladders, staging, scaffolds, and elevated platforms.
• Able to bend, reach, stoop, and hold awkward positions for prolonged periods.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Observant which requires seeing, hearing, and smelling
• Routinely walks to and from various buildings carrying tools, equipment, and other essentials to the job site.