Health Center Manager in Rochester, NY
Planned Parenthood of Central & Western New York Posted: 2023-05-24
Rochester, NY 14605
Health Center Manager
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York (PPCWNY) protects and provides health care and education that empowers individuals and families. With respect. Without judgment. No matter what.
Diversity and inclusion are core values and PPCWNY strives to recruit exceptional and diverse staff. PPCWNY strives to develop staff into leaders for a diverse and global workplace.
In support of PPCWNY’s mission, the Health Center Manager has responsibility for the delivery of coordinated and integrated quality health care services to all PPCWNY patients.
Site Operation –
• In collaboration with the Director of Health Services & Operations (DHS&O), Vice President (VP) of Health Services and the Director of Finance, participates in the development and meeting of program budgets and annual agency budget
• In conjunction with the DHS&O and VP of Health Services, assists in the development and achievement of affiliate and department-wide objectives and productivity standards
• Oversees patient care in a professional and customer service-oriented manner and meets with patients about their concerns as needed
• Maintains a clean, fully functioning, professional healthcare and business atmosphere including proactive communication with Manager of Operations, facilities and cleaning staff
• Ensures that staffing is adequate for health center and agency needs in cooperation with other Health Center Managers
• Ensures that clerical staff follows all relevant billing and finance procedures timely and with excellent external and internal customer service
• Actively manages patient flow and communication between front desk and health center staff to optimize patient experience and staff efficiency
• Maintains accountable inventory for medical, lab, and pharmacy supplies to ensure adequate supplies for patient needs
• In collaboration with the Grants & Programs team, implements plans to increase patient access and extend the reach of the health center to underserved communities
• Advocates for and assists in coordination of services for patients
• Maintains confidentiality and ensures that staff maintains confidentiality of patients
• Maintains high health center operation standards with staff by being visible and observant during clinic hours, identifying issues, proposing solutions and solving problems
Quality Assurance & Risk Management –
• Maintains accurate medication and medical device inventory count and Electronic Health Record (EHR) documentation for billing compliance
• Cooperates in pharmacy reviews conducted by the affiliate’s Pharmacy Consultant and applies quality improvement activities as necessary
• Creates a plan with staff and verifies that Quality Assurance tasks e.g. medication logs, point-of-care test controls, refrigerator temperatures, etc. are completed and documented in a timely manner
• Conducts direct observations of clinical staff to ensure they are delivering services to PPCWNY standards
• Reviews or assigns the review of medical charts for accuracy and completeness
• Maintains a working knowledge and ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) standards, OSHA, CLIA, Title X, DOH regulations, Board policies and all other applicable regulations
• Consults with Compliance, Quality & Risk Management (CQRM) Department as required
Team Management –
• Provides guidance and leadership for staff. Addresses staff concerns and work-related performance in a timely manner grounded in Just Culture
• Documents all communication with staff regarding work-related performance timely and accurately
• Plans and oversees new staff orientation with weekly evaluations and ongoing staff training, including practice management system training, billing, front desk and back office training
• Ensures that staff’s work time is accurate and submitted to payroll by set deadlines
• Evaluates and gives constructive feedback to staff including quarterly “4x4” coaching meetings and annual performance evaluations
• Promotes and cultivates a strong, effective team dynamic
• Provides data to DHS&O, VP of Health Services and other Senior Leaders as requested in a timely manner
• Utilizes reports and data to make decisions such as inventory purchases, patient templates, and staff schedules.
Other Accountability Activities -
• Shows respect to all internal and external customers for differences in backgrounds, lifestyles, viewpoints and needs in areas such as race, gender, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation and others
• Assumes responsibility for professional growth and maintains documentation of continuing education activities
• Cooperates with agency leaders and staff of other departments including: Payroll, Human Resources, Revenue Cycle, Training, Development, Grants & Programs, Marketing, Call Center, CQRM, etc. to meet both internal and external requirements
• Participates in relevant committee and management meetings as requested by the DHS&O and other members of Senior Leadership as appropriate
• Works on other duties/projects as assigned by DHS&O
Requirements – Applicants must possess the following qualifications (or equivalent combination of education and experience):
• Education—Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business, public administration, management or a related field preferred
• Experience— 3 to 5 years of management or supervisory experience OR a minimum of 6 months of supervisory experience with the agency, with successful completion of an approved PPCWNY Career Development Plan. Experience managing a multi-provider clinic is preferred
• Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities –
– Demonstrated ability to maximize patient flow and throughput efficiency
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
– Exceptional organization skills while working independently and handling multiple priorities are necessary
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use electronic health record and practice management software, preferably NextGen
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations
– Demonstrated experience building an inclusive and respectful organizational culture that leverages diversity
– Effective communication in two or more languages that are spoken in the community preferred
– A commitment to Planned Parenthood of Central and Western NY (PPCWNY)’s mission, vision and values along with a commitment to providing services to a diverse range of clients and to the goals of PPCWNY is essential
This is a full-time, 40 hour a week, position; regular schedule will be Monday – Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Commensurate with experience.
We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan with company match.
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.We are committed to workforce diversity and aspire to reflect the communities we serve. To that end, we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ identifying individuals, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply.