Injection Molding Operators in Rochester
Syntec Technologies Posted: 04/24/2020
Rochester, New York 14606
Performs repetitive work station or line assembly operations to mass-produce components or to assemble those components: Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs typical injection molding machine operation.
• Performs visual inspection of molded components.
• Completes required production reports that includes cycle times, number of scrap and down time.
• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
• Follows written documentation/procedures for specific jobs.
• Trims, degates and/or clips parts as needed.
• Assists in reclaiming inserts.
• Prepares packaging for following shift operator.
• Complete tasks as directed by production schedules with minimum supervision.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Must be familiar with the basic machine function in order to perform the tasks stated above.
• When requested, may work on special projects and various related assignments.
• May be required to work in various areas of production.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear and use machinery. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Must adhere to all safety precautions, including wearing appropriate safety equipment.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 1 year factory related experience
• Excellent hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Basic math skills