Literacy Specialist in Geneseo, NY
Geneseo Central School District Posted: 2021-04-26
Geneseo, NY 14454
Required Application Type: Teacher / Admin
Salary/Pay Scale: As per Geneseo Faculty Association Contract
Job Category: Teacher
Job Location: Middle and High School
Geneseo Central School is looking for a literacy specialist to begin in the September of 2021. The literacy specialist will work with students in grades 6-12 to support their growth and confidence in the areas of
reading and writing. We are looking for someone who will partner with classroom teachers, other school personnel and school leadership to support learners in the area of literacy.
• NYSED certification Literacy Specialist (5-12), Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Be familiar with how language, reading, and writing are related to one another and the critical elements required to improve reading outcomes
• Develop rigorous and engaging plans for literacy instruction
• Maintain detailed records of student progress
• Provide regular feedback and updates to the necessary staff members
• Build and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues
• Participate in school and grade meetings, school functions, and opportunities for professional development
• Be flexible with content and prepared to support students
• Possess strong understanding of state learning standards
• Be familiar with how language, reading, and writing are related to one another and the critical elements required to improving reading outcomes
For more information or to apply, see below site.
Please complete the Teacher/Admin application and click APPLY NOW to attach your application to this posting.
Application Deadline: 5/14/2021
Position Start Date: 9/1/2021
The Geneseo Central School District hereby advises students, parents, employees and the general public that it offers employment and educational opportunities, without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, or marital status.