Machine Operator in Arcade, NY
API Heat Transfer Posted: 2021-04-02
Arcade, NY 14009
$1,000 Sign On Bonus eligible if you apply and/or accept this position between April 1 – 30, 2021
We are a COVID-19 Compliant Facility.
As a global leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions, API Heat Transfer has a legacy of industry-leading performance that can be traced back more than 130 years. Throughout our history, we have built a corporate culture based on reliability and superior performance – from our innovative technologies to the people behind them.
Machine Operator, 1st shift.
This position is responsible for supporting the manufacturing of component parts used in the vacuum brazed aluminum heat exchanger products.
· Maintain an acceptable level of performance.
· Complete set-up procedures of fin mills and cut to length machinery for internal aluminum component parts.
· Using overhead cranes, load coils of aluminum and feed material into the machine.
· Program control panel with quantity and specified lengths as instructed on work order.
· Run component parts to the required specifications and inspection requirements and maintain specified tolerances per API procedures. Operator may be required at times to operate multiple machines at a time including parting sheet, external fin, internal fin, or extruded bar stock.
· Perform operator preventative maintenance tasks as directed, including checking oil levels and vacuuming oil trays.
· Comply with all of the ISO 9001 Quality standards, policies and procedures of API Heat Transfer.
· Perform first piece inspections, in-process inspections and complete all associated paperwork.
· May be required to hand cut specific component parts using a utility knife or air saw.
· Communication skills – verbal
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving
· Decision making
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
· Working knowledge of hand tools and inspection instruments.
Physical Requirements of Position:
· Sedentary Work - 0 lbs: 0%;
· Light Work - Less than 20 lbs: 20%;
· Medium Work - 21 – 30 lbs: 70%;
· Heavy Work - 31 – 50 lbs: 10%;
· Very Heavy Work - More than 50 lbs: 0%
Physical Activity of Position:
· Occasionally (1+%): Pulling, Bending/Stooping, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting/Crouching, Hearing. Kneeling, Repeat motions, Pushing, Balancing, Reading, Writing Motion
· Frequently (34+%):
· Constantly (67+%): Standing, Walking, Lifting, Carrying, Hand manipulation, wrist manipulation.
· Occasionally (1+%): Working with computers, solvents, chemicals, dust, fumes
· Frequently (34+%): sharp objects
· Constantly (67+%): working on moving machinery, loud noise
Details for Sign On Bonus – You must apply and/or accept this position between April 1 -30, 2021. You will receive your bonus on the first payroll check after you have completed 90 days of employment, and are an employee in good standing. Rehires are not eligible for this bonus.
API Heat Transfer offers competitive compensation, health and financial benefits, shift differentials, incentive programs, paid time off, holiday gatherings, and so much more!
For more information visit http://www.apiheattransfer.com
To apply, please quick apply or at below site.