Maintenance A in Albion
Saint-Gobain ADFORS Posted: 06/03/2020
Albion, NY 14411
The incumbent is responsible for safely maintaining production equipment, support utilities, and general facility infrastructure. This includes machinery installations, maintenance and repair of production equipment, steam, chiller, hydraulic and compressed air systems, basic electrical troubleshooting and general design and fabrication. Responsible for pipe installs for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems.
Assignments will include dry can changes, general building and machine repairs as required, preventative maintenance activities rotating pager coverage. Required to complete a daily maintenance work log, issue purchase order requests for repair parts, schedule and host vendors and use computer.
• Responsible for moving and installing equipment, analyzing mechanical, pneumatic and basic electrical malfunctions. Disassembles, adjusts, repair and/or reassembles machine tool components, including but not limited to hydraulics, clutches, brakes, turrets, etc. Designs and fabricates parts and performs modifications. In addition to using normal machine tools, repairs or fabricates special parts by burning, welding and/or brazing, milling, drilling, and turning.
• Troubleshoots, analyzes and repairs all equipment. Inspects repairs, replaces, installs, adjusts and maintains mechanical equipment and machinery as required. Works from machine prints, sketches, manuals and/or verbal directives. Works with Engineering to resolve application problems or design new systems as may be required. Investigate reports of mechanical breakdowns; test machinery and equipment and perform repairs.
• Responsible for the performance of scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all assigned machinery and equipment. Establishes and assures proper maintenance records.
• Maintain appropriate supply of spare parts and maintenance supplies (reorder, as required); meet with vendors and purchasing department. Schedule and perform periodic inspections of assigned electrical/mechanical equipment, looking for defects, and proactive upgrading of equipment.
• Responsible for performing required audits in addition to cleaning, painting and maintaining 5S or other efficiency management programs. Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times. Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met. Responsible for performing SMATs and be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. This includes WCM involvement in projects and/or meetings, as required.
• Assure general maintenance work is completed as assigned.
• Problem solve. Work independently and as a team member. Provide pager coverage on rotating basis.
• The incumbent is required to have a High School Diploma or GED, and preferably an AOS in electrical construction, electrical maintenance, machine tools, HVAC, welding or similar.
• The candidate will have 5+ years of work-related experience in machine maintenance for a manufacturing environment.
• This position is concerned with a variety of areas in our Manufacturing facility. Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently and safely.
• Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position.
• Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment.