Maintenance Technician in Rochester, NY
Alsco Posted: 2021-04-02
Rochester, NY 14605
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Tasks Include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, boiler work, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, or other systems. Reports to the Chief Stationary Engineer.
- Install, repair and maintain large industrial processing equipment. Provide preventive and corrective maintenance of this equipment and for the facility in general.
- Handle the regular maintenance of lint traps, shaker screen barrels, oil levels, grease fittings, water levels, wastewater systems and other engineering processes.
- Repair and maintain hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, PC, air, power.
- Perform plumbing, 3 phase 230 volt electrical, carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
- Answer and resolve daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion, so that minimal downtime is experienced and operational processes are continually improved.
- Work with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Alsco, law, and also recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Remain current on equipment and repair procedures. Properly use power and hand tools.
- Keep accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, sound, odors, humidity, lint and dust,
in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasional, such as to procure parts. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP .
To apply, please quick apply.