Meter Reader in Batavia, NY
National Fuel Posted: 2022-01-05
Batavia, NY 14020
National Fuel is looking for qualified and dedicated people to help us further improve the efficiency and quality of our services while providing our customers with outstanding service. We currently have a Meter Reader position available at our Batavia Servicenter located in Batavia, NY. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
• Accurately and efficiently read residential and commercial gas meters
• Manually input meter readings in a handheld computer device
• Work in potentially hazardous environments such as dark basements, roof tops or industrial facilities
• Work outdoors extensively in all types of weather and walk for long distances
• Handle customer inquiries and perform collection work
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Available to work a flexible work schedule Monday through Saturday between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm. Applicants must live within a reasonable commute of our Batavia Servicenter located at 3593 West Main Street Road, Batavia, NY 14020 or be willing to relocate.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $18.00/hour plus incentive pay based on the number of meters read.
How to Apply:
For a complete position description, requirements and information on how to apply, please visit our website below at the link
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medical or recreational marijuana.
National Fuel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.