Network Administrator in Rochester, NY
Advantech Industries Posted: 2021-01-07
Rochester, NY 14624
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining the network connectivity on all company computers.
DUTIES - RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in network design and implementation.
• Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
• Install and configure computer network equipment.
• Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
• Provide network support to users.
• Maintain virtual servers in a VMware environment and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
• Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources in compliance with Cybersecurity Standard NIST 800-171.
• Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up in compliance with Cybersecurity Standard NIST 800-171.
• Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades in compliance with Cybersecurity Standard NIST 800-171.
• Create and maintain internal policies in compliance with Cybersecurity Standard NIST 800-171.
• Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
• Create and maintain network users/permissions.
• Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
• Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
SKILLS - QUALIFICATIONS:
• Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts in a virtual server environment.
• Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
• Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
• Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in a network administration role
• Must have previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 and Microsoft Exchange
• Must have previous experience with Cisco switches and routers
• MCSE certification a plus
• CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus
• Experience with Epicor ERP a plus
• Paid Sick Leave
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.