Newspaper Editor/Reporter in Webster, NY
Empire State Weeklies Posted: 2021-07-07
Webster, NY 14580
Hiring Newspaper Editor/Reporter
Full Time Position
Office located in Webster, NY
In-Office hours can be flexible due to event coverage. Weekend coverage of certain events will be expected.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Cover stories pertaining to Webster
• Edit submissions to the paper
• Attend/Cover Town and Village meetings
• Page layout of editorial content and photos
• Manage the paper’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
• The demonstrated ability to judge the news effectively, to pursue information aggressively, and to produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline.
• College Degree preferably in English or Journalism or 5+ years of reporting/journalism/editing
• Familiarity with Associated Press style
• Photography experience
• Background in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign and Photoshop)
Instructions to applicants:
Please email a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com or call (585) 671-1533 and ask for Dave. Please provide some writing samples.