Operator - Furnace in Arcade, NY
API Heat Transfer Posted: 2021-04-02
Arcade, NY 14009
$1,000 Sign On Bonus eligible if you apply and/or accept this position between April 1 – 30, 2021
Operator - Furnace, 3rd Shift - Multiple Positions Available
We are a COVID-19 Compliant Facility.
This position is responsible for operation of vacuum brazing furnaces.
1. Operate vacuum braze furnaces within the specified parameters determined by manufacturing engineering. Cores coming from Stacking are put on racks, ensuring that similar cores are run through together. Connect thermocouples to each core in order to monitor the temperature as the core goes through the furnace. Use the overhead lift to load racks into the furnace. Program the Operator Interface Terminal to identify the specific cores being brazed. Monitor the vacuum and heat on the terminal throughout three stages as the parts progress through the furnace. Record data on a Brazing Log for each batch. May monitor two furnaces at a time.
2. Measure, flatten and square brazed units to the required specifications per router sheet using a hammer and block if necessary. Identify load sequence, work order and initial each core.
3. Complete daily operator preventative maintenance assignments including set-points, oil levels, temperature, coolant flow and PSI.
4. May be required to periodically clean, scrape, sweep and vacuum the inside of the furnace while wearing fire resistant and respiratory equipment.
5. Additional responsibilities
a. Comply with all of the ISO 9001 Quality standards, policies and procedures of API Heat Transfer.
1. Communication skills – verbal
2. Attention to detail
3. Problem solving
5. Decision making
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
3. Experience with heat treating operations is beneficial.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Sedentary Work (0 lbs) - 0%
Light Work (< 20 lbs) - 15%
Medium Work (21 – 30 lbs) - 65%
Heavy Work (31 – 50 lbs) - 17%
Very Heavy Work (More than 50 lbs) - 3%
Physical Activity of Position:
Occasionally (1+%): Pulling, Reaching, Hearing, Speaking, Pushing, Reading, Writing Motion
Frequently (34+%): Hand manipulation, wrist manipulation
Constantly (67+%): Standing, Walking, Lifting, Carrying
Details for Sign On Bonus – You must apply and/or accept this position between April 1 -30, 2021. You will receive your bonus on the first payroll check after you have completed 90 days of employment, and are an employee in good standing. Rehires are not eligible for this bonus.
API Heat Transfer offers competitive compensation, health and financial benefits, shift differentials, incentive programs, paid time off, holiday gatherings, and so much more!
For more information visit http://www.apiheattransfer.com
To apply, please quick apply or below site.