Physical Therapist in Rochester, NY
People Inc. Posted: 2023-04-20
Rochester, NY 14624
Screens/evaluates clients during the evaluation process to assess therapy needs. Provides therapy (developing/modifying treatment plans) and re-evaluation as needed. Provides clinical support to staff as needed.
• Completes a preliminary screening and initial evaluation for all newly referred individuals; makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Develops treatment plan for those individuals recommended for therapy in conjunction with physician approval. Modifies treatment plan as needed.
• Provides direct therapy services and documents treatments as required.
• Provides clinical supervision to staff assisting with therapy programs.
• As a member of the Interdisciplinary treatment Team, participates in professional meetings as assigned, integrating services with other providers.
• Makes recommendations for the purchase of specialized equipment, materials, and wheelchair modifications.
• Lends counsel to patients and their family members/care givers (if applicable) regarding the patient’s Physical Therapy Services including staff/family education upon discharge.
• Provides an orientation to physical therapy services to new staff and participates in in-service training.
• Responsible for insuring that confidentiality is strictly maintained concerning all agency-related information.
• Maintain productivity expectations set by rehab leadership team.
• Functions as a clinical instructor for PT/PTA students yearly (with minimum 1 yr work experience).
• Maintain clinical competency by attending/completing at least one continuing education class/course each year.
• Maintain 90% compliance on Chart Audits and follows required documentation guidelines/expectations set forth by the department and the Insurance/Medicare/ Medicaid.
• Maintains SCIP-R Core Certification and CPR/AED Certification as well as all required certifications set in place by rehab leadership team
• Other duties as assigned.
TEAM FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Displays personal motivation by identifying and accomplishing a new professional/personal goal on annual basis. Works to incorporate new information/skill and responsibility into performance.
• Promotes positive image of the clinic and agency at all times.
• Initiates and problems solves utilizing available resources within level of responsibility.
• Contributes to a positive work environment by interacting in a courteous, pleasant, and professional manner. Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team through utilization of communication skills and cooperation.
• Demonstrates flexibility by understanding different views. Adapts approach as situations change and accepts changes in the organization and job description requirements.
• Supports clinic/agency by accepting additional tasks outside of job description such as special projects, public education.
• Plans time off in advance and manages PTO according to department guidelines.
• Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
• Licensed and currently registered by N.Y.S. to practice physical therapy (new grads- require temporary PT license and need to obtain license within 6 months of hire)