Press Brake Set-Up Operator - A Shift in Rochester
Advantech Industries Posted: 07/16/2020
Rochester, NY 14624
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. We are currently recruiting for a Press Brake Set-Up Operator.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set-up an Amada Press Brake machine following the project details and blueprints.
• Observe machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
• Inspect "first-part", consult with quality assurance and inspect work pieces throughout the production run for out of tolerance machining.
• Using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial caliper, ensure quality products are produced according to project specifications.
• Periodically operate power roller conveyor and do work by hand.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
-With limited supervision and quality work ethic, function as a member of a customer-driven team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved.
-Hold oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
-Maintain adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
-Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives.
-Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
-Thorough operational knowledge and skills of press brake equipment to be operated, including inspection equipment.
-Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
-Ability to keep record of time spent and material used.
-Ability to use precision measuring tools such as calipers.
-Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
-High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.