Process Engineer in Rochester, NY
Advantech Industries Posted: 2020-09-28
Rochester, NY 14624
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. We are looking to immediately fill a Process Engineering position. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Eligible candidates must have an Associate’s Degree in Manufacturing Technology. Vocational or Trade School education and 7-10 years of experience minimum.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer is responsible for developing manufacturing methods, consulting with the shop floor and troubleshooting problems.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved.
• Superior communication skills and ability to develop teamwork among staff.
• Must be diplomatic and possess good human interaction skills.
• Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
• Ability to multitask using the appropriate level of priority setting.
• Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
• Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
• Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated.
• Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
• Ability to keep record of time spent and material used.
• Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine tools.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.