Receptionist in Rochester, New York
McConville, Considine Cooman & Morin, PC Posted: 2021-08-25
Rochester, New York 14614
We are moving to Meridian Centre October 1, 2021. This position will be based out of our new location.
Summary: The Receptionist is the first point of contact for clients/guests. This position maintains a pleasant and inviting attitude, is a motivated self-starter with the desire to be the best. This position also serves as a support role for the all practice areas within the Firm and may be given projects and tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, together with other duties that may be assigned:
• Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive.
• Notification of firm staff of visitor arrival.
• Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
• Ensure Client Experience Area, including coffee area and conference rooms are tidy, stocked and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials (e.g. pens, business cards, rack cards).
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
• Receive, sort and distribute daily and deliveries.
• Schedule and manage outgoing mail and packages, including dropping off at the appropriate locations for USPS, UPS or Federal Express at the end of the day.
• Opening and creating new client files.
• Create/edit merge document forms in ATO.
• Library book distribution.
• Time entry into TABS of attorney and paralegal daily time records.
• Assist with closing of client files and file destruction.
• Other duties as requested or assigned.
High School Diploma or Associates Degree preferred
1-3 years’ experience in an office setting, law firm preferred. Proficient in Word and Excel.
Effective organizational, communications and interpersonal skills required. Must be excellent problem-solver and team player.
Must work effectively with other motivated professionals in a fast-paced environment.