Shipping Manager in Rochester, NY
Harmco Fastener Posted: 2021-04-26
Rochester, NY 14608
We are looking for an experienced Shipping manager to manage daily shipping and distribution operations. You will be the one to ensure complete orders are pulled, shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
A successful shipping manager is analytical, well-organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping procedures.
• Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders.
• Manage all pick tickets entered by sales staff.
• Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment.
• Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders.
• Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing, receiving and outside sales to optimize processes.
• Resolve issues regarding ready to ship and shipped orders.
• Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies.
• Report to General Manager on activities and issues.
• Solid knowledge of logistics procedures.
• Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
• Able to lift 50lbs.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Problem-solving abilities.
• High school diploma with relative field experience being a definite plus.