Shipping / Receiving Clerk in Rochester, NY
Advantech Industries Posted: 2021-01-07
Rochester, NY 14624
Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. We are currently looking to fill a Shipping and Receiving Clerk position. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of experience minimum.
- Insert items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Load and Unload trucks.
- Look up and compute freight or postal rates.
- Record the weight and cost of each shipment.
- Record received shipments and the condition of contents.
- Verifies and keeps records on the weight and cost of each outgoing shipment as well as the condition of the contents received in incoming shipments.
- Organizing and arranging.
- Prepare shipping documents and mailing labels.
- Shrink wrap product.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
SKILLS - QUALIFICATIONS
- Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
- Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives.
- Solid computer, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
- Maintains organizational files and records.
- May receive and screen office visitors and telephone calls.
- Ability to operate machines such as: copier, computer, calculator, fax and mail machines.
Paid Sick Leave
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.