Staff Accountant in Rochester, New York
The Strong National Museum of Play Posted: 2022-11-21
Rochester, New York 14607
The Strong Museum is a highly interactive, collections-based museum devoted to the history and exploration of play. Reporting to the controller, the staff accountant is responsible for maintaining and auditing cash banks, managing credit card processors, reporting on attendance, and preparing various accounting reconciliations. This position carries a high level of responsibility and requires an honest, dependable individual with meticulous attention to detail.
• Perform daily audits, compile bank deposits, and maintain cash banks.
• Collect and audit cash from all depositories throughout the museum.
• Compile and record cash receipt transactions using multiple software platforms.
• Audit and record credit card transactions and mange credit card merchants.
• Responsible for the billing, recording, and collection of invoices generated by the museum.
• Preform monthly reconciliation of cash accounts and general ledger accounts.
• Prepare reporting and remittance of New York State tax.
• Audit, prepare, and distribute museum attendance and parking garage usage reports.
• Collaborate with guest services to manage the cash procedures and POS reporting systems.
• Associate degree in accounting or business, or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Experience with electronic accounting systems and Microsoft applications.
• Ability to remain highly organized a maintain secure and confidential financial information.
• Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license.
• Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Monday- Friday
• 7.5-hour shift
• Day shift
Starting salary: $20
The final candidate must consent to and pass a drug screen as conditions of employment. The Strong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please at below link.