Technicians in Rochester, NY
First Transit Inc. Posted: 2021-07-19
Rochester, NY 14611
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus, and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician
serving The University of Rochester!
First Transit is proud to offer:
• The top hourly wage of $25.91 is based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
• $1,500 sign-on bonus* (*conditions apply; see location for details)
• ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
• Consistent full-time, year-round work
• An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
• Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
• Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
• Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
• Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
• A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
• Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for ourcustomers.
• Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
• Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches, and other repairs under direct supervision.
• Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
• Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor approval where required.
• Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action is taken.
• Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
• Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
• Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
• Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
• A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must possess a CDL B with passenger and airbrake endorsement or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
• 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
• Must have appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
• ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
• Good computer skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work assigned shifts.
• Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance