Tool Crib Attendant in Rochester, NY
Advantech Industries Posted: 2021-02-08
Rochester, NY 14624
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Tool Crib Attendant is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of all shop tools and equipment as well as repairing or replacing tools/equipment as needed. The person in this position assists the work group in the areas of: a) manufacturing to specifications, b) meeting quality requirements and c) meeting production requirements. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years Tool Crib/Inventory experience.
• Maintain tracking system of all shop tools & equipment inventory.
• Investigate tool quality problems and recommend and/or implement changes or improvements in tooling processes or methods etc.
• Maintain working relationships with outside tooling vendors.
• Receive requisition requests from different departments, gather items requested and keep records of items dispensed from and returned to tool crib.
• Maintain minimum quantities of commonly used tools and equipment.
• Ensure compliance of Federal (OSHA), State, and Local safety laws.
• Responsible to ensure accurate inventory by reviewing inventory summaries and details.
• Assist and train attendants who possess less experience or fewer skills.
• Ensures proper preventative maintenance and repairs of all tools and equipment.
• Secure diagnostic and/or repair work from outside repair facilities, if required.
SKILLS - QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have a thorough knowledge of tooling for CNC machines.
• With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that products quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved.
• Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
• Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives.
• Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Sufficient computer skills to keep inventory records accurate.
• Paid Sick Leave
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.