Transit Ambassadors in Rochester, NY
Highland Planning LLC Posted: 2021-02-11
Rochester, NY 14620
Highland Planning is a 14-year old public engagement firm based in Rochester, NY. We are hiring up to 40 motivated, personable, and reliable individuals aged 18 or older to provide support and information to public transit customers in Monroe County, NY during the week of May 17 through May 23, 2021. Candidates who can commit to 36 hours will receive $20/hour.
- Candidates must exhibit a positive attitude, strong communication and customer service skills, and professionalism.
- Candidates must be adaptable problem solvers who enjoy interacting with new people.
- Most importantly, candidates must be reliable and interested in providing help to those who need assistance.
- Ambassadors must attend two paid 1.5-hour virtual trainings. The training schedule will be flexible to accommodate mornings and late afternoons.
- Ambassadors will have a say in scheduling their own shifts, but must be available to work between the hours of 5am and midnight. Each ambassador will be paired with another ambassador for the duration of their shift, and RTS supervisors will be available to provide assistance when needed.
- Ambassadors must be comfortable in public places, using and assisting with mobile technology, and speaking to customers. The main objective of the position is to assist and support customers with answering questions, trip planning, and referring customers to other means of support. Supervisors will be available to provide support during each shift.
- Application deadline: April 1, 2021
- Interviews: April 5-16, 2021
- Mandatory paid training broken into two 1.5 hour sessions: May 3-14, 2021
- Ambassador shifts: May 17-23, 2021
To apply, download the application available at the link below and submit it with a cover letter to Jennifer Topa via Jen@highland-planning.com
Current RTS customers strongly encouraged to apply.
You will receive a $25 referral bonus (subject to taxes) if you refer an applicant and you are both offered employment. Candidates must identify referrals by name when applying.