Vice President for Education in Rochester, NY
The Strong Posted: 2021-10-29
Rochester, NY 14607
The Strong, an internationally recognized institution that explores the importance and cultural history of play and serves diverse local, national, and international communities, is searching for an exceptional educator to join its senior leadership team. The Vice President for Education develops and implements comprehensive educational programming that fosters, supports, and drives the museum’s commitment to advance experiential, project-based learning. This key position, part of the museum’s Senior Leadership Team, sets educational strategy and corresponding initiatives, continually evaluates programming to ensure the delivery of a broad range of inclusive experiences, and seeks and develops collaborations with community partners to explore and expand the power of a play-based learning approach. The Vice President for Education leads, mentors, and provides direction to a talented team of education professionals in Woodbury School, The Strong’s preschool and early-kindergarten program. The Vice President for Education also leads, develops, and drives school programs, and community collaborations and outreach.
• Master’s degree or higher in education; New York State Teaching Certification a plus.
• Ten years’ experience in education and/or administration in positions of increasing responsibility; experience in an early childhood setting utilizing an inquiry or project-based approach to learning preferred.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, best practices in designing, implementing, and evaluating inclusive, wide-ranging programming.
• Demonstrated experience successfully reaching, attracting, and including diverse audiences in all aspects of programming using a variety of approaches and techniques.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to successfully connect and collaborate with educators, museum staff, preschool families, trustees, and other community members.
• Ability to lead, mentor, guide, and develop education team members.
• Experience and interest in advancing the museum’s educational philosophies and mission through the creation and delivery of professional development experiences to a variety of audiences.
Must consent to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check as conditions of employment.