Wellness Director (RN) in Canandaigua
Quail Summit Posted: 05/05/2020
Canandaigua, NY 14424
• Monitors and assures quality in all aspects of Wellness Program including medication management, provision and documentation of services, follow-though of physician orders and family/resident requests assessments and service plans.
• Hires, supervises, motivates, and evaluates all Wellness Department staff. Plans, schedules and assigns work to Wellness Department staff to ensure coverage on a 24/7 basis. Promotes and facilitates interactive problem solving with staff.
• Maintains close communication with the Executive Director regarding resident conditions, changes in condition, problems, potential problems or concerns, incidents, and complaints by residents and/or family members.
• Serves as a liaison with the hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents.
• Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families. Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations
• Conducts pre-admission level of care assessments on all potential residents and assures completion of on-going assessments and service plans.
• Directs and supervises medication program, maintaining accurate error records.
• Conducts medication technician training and certification.
• Ensures all medications have proper orders and labels, ensuring weekly and monthly audits are complete.
• Provides case management services to residents and coordinates interdisciplinary service plan meeting with residents and families as care needs change. Investigates and documents resident and associate incidents, identifies safety hazards, and institutes corrective action in a timely manner. Shares in the responsibility for providing and maintaining an environment that is conductive to the safety and physical and emotional well being of the residents and personnel.
• Maintains and monitors resident charts to assure necessary care and services are being given and to assure compliance with NYSDOH regulations.
• Assures follow-up with dietary and recommendations.
• Coordinates services with Home Health, Podiatrist, Hospice and Strong Geriatric Group services as needed.
• Functions as a team member in sharing responsibilities for the provision of resident services in cooperation with all members of the team.
• Conducts new associate orientation. Coordinates and provides initial and on-going In-service training and staff education. Eldermark, resident management software training for all staff. Collaborates with Educator for staff training.
• Monitors care staff proficiency in caregiving. Completes clinical skills competency evaluations.
• Holds monthly Wellness Department meetings.
• Submits information for the budget. Keeps department expenses within approved budget guidelines.
• Works with Strong Geriatrics Medical Consultant.
• Participates in and holds resident care staff accountable to their role in the resident life enrichment/activity program.
• Required to be in Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation per community schedule.
• In the absence of the Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director, has overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the residence.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Must be a licensed registered nurse.
• Minimum of two years nursing supervisory experience.
• Experience in an Assisted Living setting preferred.
• Previous experience in dementia care preferred.
• Experience in dealing with issues of the health of the elderly required.
• Must possess a high degree of interpersonal relation’s skills and capability of relating to a variety of people and personalities. Considerable initiative, judgement, and leadership skill are also required.
• Must have the demonstrated ability to hire, direct and manage personnel. Must possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Must be in good general health and be free of communicable disease.
• Ability to squat and lift up to 35 pounds required.
• Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and at the request of supervisor.